A new uprising is underway in Tibet. Tibetans are boldly asserting their identity and desire for freedom. A new generation is determined to finish what was started a half century ago when Tibetans defiantly rose up against China’s occupation. Be a part of history, join a protest on March 10th â€“ march for freedom in Tibet.
Find helpful March 10th Materials & Resources
1) Join a March 10th protest near you. Help
fan the winds of freedom blowing from the Arab world. On March 10th,
march in solidarity with Tibetans inside Tibet as they assert their Tibetan identity and desire for freedom, democracy, and
2) Watch & Share SFT’s March 10th Video. Inspire others to take action for Tibet.
3) March 8-12: Join the Global Text Action for Norzin Wangmo, a Tibetan prisoner of conscience. Help intensify the pressure for her release from Chinese prison.
4) Record your own video message(s) in the lead up to or on March 10th. Your video could include:
Upload your video to youtube.com or vimeo.com and spread the link on Facebook, Twitter, blogs, websites and other internet/social networking sites. The more widespread the videos, the easier it will be for Tibetans inside Tibet and China to view. Please also send your video link to grassroots[at]studentsforafreetibet.org and we will profile them on the SFT Blog.
5) Raise the Tibetan Flag on campus or in your community.
During the 2008 Uprising in Tibet, Tibetans inside Tibet carried homemade flags in the streets and hoisted them on top of Chinese government buildings. Helpful tips for your Flag Raising ceremony.
6) Read & share Tiananmen 2.0: Why China Is Note Immune to the Tunisia Effect, an article by Tendor, SFT’s Executive Director about Egypt, Tunisia, China, and Tibet.